Country risk and economic studies
Post-pandemic production relocation: an opportunity for CEE countries?
Here are the main points addressed in our latest study on CEE countries:
A favorable context
Foreign trade and inclusion in supply chains had already increased in recent years, supported by EU membership by most CEE (Central and Eastern European) countries in 2004.
- An educated workforce.
- Geographical proximity to Western Europe.
- Low labor costs.
- Relatively good infrastructure.
- A stable business climate.
- Improving productivity through greater use of automation and "robotization".
Various sectors concerned
- The automotive industry, the backbone of the industry in this region.
- But also: the production of electrical and electronic equipment, machinery, chemicals, as well as the transport and storage sectors.
- And new opportunities: outsourcing of services through digitalization and a large ICT talent pool.
However, investments are necessary
New investments are needed to be in a favorable position, especially in terms of automation and digitalization.
T. +81 3 5402 6152