Coface Global Solutions
Trade risk cover for multinational businesses.
Coface Global Solutions (CGS) for credit insurance has been specially designed for multinational companies operating anywhere across the globe. It has developed a series of contracts and services designed to provide you with credit risk insurance to meet each of your needs.
It has access to instant business intelligence from Coface’s global network of underwriters and economists; and assigns an experienced Program Manager to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Coface Global Solutions & global trade credit insurance have already won market confidence and support from our brokers and blue-chip multinational clients from a wide range of industry sectors. At Coface, we constantly enhances and invests in CGS to ensure that it meets the needs of our valued clients.
HOW CAN COFACE GLOBAL TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
With this solution, your purchases are more cost-effective and your credit management procedures are optimized in your subsidiaries. In summary, you secure your international sales development and improve your operating performance. With support from your group’s local operating entities, CGS coordinates and structures your credit insurance on a global scale.
With “Coface Global Solutions”, companies have an array of tools to manage their credit insurance as well as access to:
- Coface’s international network, which offers local credit insurance services either directly or through partners in 99 countries;
- A global database with information on 68 million debtors, and 350 risk underwriters specialized by business sector;
- The “CGS Dashboard”, a modern and user-friendly platform to analyze client risks online. The CGS Dashboard provides a worldwide overview by client, risk level or country assessment and a clear view of the insured risks.
FOUR GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE “COFACE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS”
- Continuous support at headquarters and in your subsidiaries by dedicated team and local services available in 100 countries;
- Attractive purchasing conditions thanks to pooled resources;
- An overall view of your customer risks and optimised control of your subsidiaries;
- Access to very precise and easy-to-use management applications such as the CGS Dashboard.
COFACE DASHBOARD – CONSOLIDATED POLICY MANAGEMENT TOOL
DELIVERING A VALUABLE SERVICE : INTERNATIONAL TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE CASE STUDY
A Japanese holding company operates a worldwide electronic goods trading activity. It consists of 35 subsidiaries and approximately 100 sales offices.
The holding company implements a decentralised policy which allows its subsidiaries to purchase its own credit insurance policy. Six months ago, the Chief Financial Officer of the holding company was introduced to “Coface Global Solutions” program which three of its subsidiaries were using. Very interested in the data available on the customer portfolio provided by its “CGS Dashboard”, the Chief Financial Officer decided to conduct a global review of credit insurance. This review found that by increasing its expenditure by 23%, the company could cover 100% of its sales instead of just 56% as was previously the case.
Through the implementation of the ‘CGS Dashboard’ in all of its subsidiaries, the company identified cumulative commitments, so far unsuspected by management, on subsidiaries of a number of company clients, which were in some cases operating under their historical names with no direct connection to the name of the parent company. The decision was made to include an analysis of the largest consolidated outstandings in the next annual report, distinguishing between the insured and residual risk components. The Chief Financial Officer was confident that their shareholders, who pay close attention to working capital risks in this business, would appreciate this key information.